The Surface Transportation Board today announced the selection of new appointees to serve on the Railroad-Shipper Transportation Advisory Council (RSTAC). The RSTAC is comprised of 15 members appointed by the Chairman. It provides a private-sector forum for the discussion of matters of concern to small rail shippers and small railroads, in particular rail-car supply, service, rates, competitive issues, and procedures for dispute resolution.
The following individuals were named to three-year terms as RSTAC members:
· James M. Brunkenhoefer, U.S. National Legislative Director, United Transportation Union
· Eric Butler, Vice President and General Manager, Industrial Products, Union Pacific Railroad
· Roger Fray, Vice President for Grain, West Coast Central Cooperative
· D. J. Kratzberg, Rail Transportation Manager, Exxon Mobil Corp.
· Charles Marshall, President and Chief Operating Officer, Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
· Bill Matheson, Vice President and General Manager, Truckload Services, Schneider National, Inc.
· Reilly McCarren, Chairman, Arkansas & Missouri Railroad Co.
· Larry R. Parsons, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Co.
· Dean Piacente, Vice President, Chemicals and Fertilizer Sales and Marketing, CSX Transportation, Inc.
· Robert Pugh, Vice President—Logistics, Georgia-Pacific
· Bruce A. Ridley, Mill Manager, Packaging Corporation of America
· Connie Thede, Manager—Purchasing and Stores, Muscatine Power & Water
· Terry J. Voss, Senior Vice President, Transportation, Ag Processing, Inc.
· Rick Webb, Chief Executive Officer, Watco Companies, Inc.
· Owen Zidar, Vice President—Sales and Marketing, Carload Business Unit, Kansas City Southern Railway Co.
The RSTAC was established pursuant to the ICC Termination Act of 1995 (Public Law 104-88, 109 Stat. 803). Its 15 appointed members consist of senior officials representing large and small shippers, and large and small railroads. In addition, the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation and the three Board Members serve as ex officio members. The RSTAC provides advice on regulatory, policy and legislative matters, as appropriate, to the STB Chairman, the Secretary of Transportation, the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, and the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
Additional information regarding the RSTAC may be found at the STB Web-page link, http://www.stb.dot.gov/stb/rail/railshipper_council.html, or via the agency’s Web site at www.stb.dot.gov (on the home page, click the “Rail Consumers” button, then click on “Rail Shipper Council” on the dropdown that will next appear).